Cayuga Veterinary Services provides early detection and pet wellness care for dogs, cats, pigs, alpacas, and pocket pets. Our veterinarians recommend annual wellness visits for your adult pet and biannual visits for your senior pet. The frequency of wellness visits is determined by their aging pace which is typically 1 adult cat or dog year being equal to 5 to 7 human adult years. Skipping an annual wellness visit is like going to your doctor every 10 to 14 years. Regular physical exams are extremely important to maintain the health of your pet. Following a pet wellness regimen provides our veterinary team the opportunity to develop a picture of your pet’s overall health and establish baseline health characteristics specific to your pet. Early detection of health concerns ensures the best possible treatment outcome for your pet.
Our thorough pet wellness exam includes:
- Evaluation of your pet’s eyes and vision
- Inspection of the ear canals and ear drums
- Dental and oral inspection and evaluation
- Examination of the hair and skin
- Auscultation of the heart and lungs
- Palpation of the lymph nodes and abdominal organs
- Nutritional assessment and dietary review
- Vaccination schedule review based upon lifestyle of your pet.
Diagnostic tests that may be run during your pets annual wellness visit include:
- Blood parasite test: tests for heartworm, lyme, ehrlichia, and anaplasmosis diseases.
- Intestinal parasite screening
- Blood pressure testing
- Ocular pressure screening
- Blood chemistry and complete blood count to check
We strive to provide the finest client experience and seek opportunities to partner with you regarding your pet’s health care. We are available as a resource to discuss any questions or areas of concern such as nutrition or behavior. Please contact us to schedule an appointment or click here.